- Full-time paid position at a nonprofit organization
- $2,550 monthly stipend
- Health Care and Child Care (if eligible)
- Student loan deferment
- $6,895 Segal Education Award upon program completion
- Develop Leadership Skills
Public Allies Central Florida is one of 11sites around the country under the national Public Allies organization, part of the AmeriCorps network. Public Allies is a national movement committed to changing both the face and practice of leadership by recruiting and training talented emerging leaders with a passion for social impact to create meaningful change in our community. Our Allies are diverse, equity-centered, innovative problem solvers, dedicated to mobilizing community assets to develop solutions to local challenges. In partnership with nonprofit partners, we deliver our nationally recognized, values-driven, results-led apprenticeship to advance our mission to create a just and equitable society and the diverse leadership to sustain it.
Public Allies Central Florida is locally operated by Embrace Families Solutions. Our program is made possible through funding from AmeriCorps and Orange County Government.
To create a just and equitable society and the diverse leadership to sustain it.
What Will YOU Become?
“Public Allies [is] all about promise – finding it, nurturing it, and putting it to use.”
– Former First Lady, Michelle Obama
Core to our values is a belief that we are all on a journey to grow as individuals and as leaders in our community. Where will your journey take you?
of Central Florida Allies feel Public Allies prepared them well for their future education and career goals.
We anticipate having 22-25 positions available. Apprenticeships typically start in September and lasts for ten months from the start date. Interviews begin in May and continue through July. Visit our webpage at http://publicallies.org/ to learn more about us.
- Work full time at a non-profit or public entity for 10 months expanding that organization’s capacity to meet its goals for the community.
- Earn a monthly stipend of $2,550
- Receive healthcare, childcare, and student loan deferment during your term of service
- Earn an education award of $6,895 to pay back student loans or pay for future education
- Develop and practice your leadership skills
- Expand your network of diverse, passionate young people and community leaders
- Learn about career opportunities in the nonprofit sector
- Become a Certified Volunteer Manager through Rollins College’s Edyth Bush Institute for Philanthropy and Nonprofit Leadership
Embrace Families Solutions is the Operating Partner for Public Allies Central Florida
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Internship/Apprenticeship
Pay: $25,500.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Professional development assistance
- Education Award upon completion
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Location varies by placement site. Training occurs 2+ days per month in Maitland, FL.
Connect with us today to start your leadership journey!